Have you lost your smartphone or airtel sim card? If it’s yes, then you must get your airtel sim (Prepaid/Postpaid) blocked as soon as possible. In this article, I will guide you on how to block airtel sim online, deactivate by calling customer care or sending SMS.
I will be sharing with you all the possible methods that can be applied to deactivate your airtel number. It’s very easy to block your lost airtel sim, you just need to follow the airtel sim deactivation process given below. After blocking your airtel number, you are eligible to apply for a new sim with the same number.
Don’t worry, I will also explain to you the airtel sim replacement procedure so that you can get a new airtel sim card with the same mobile number. You can also visit the nearby airtel store and request them to deactivate your airtel number. And if you have lost your airtel sim then call a non-airtel number to get your sim blocked quickly.
You can also use other numbers (any network) as your family or friends to deactivate your airtel number without any issue.
You Must Know These Details Before Blocking Your Airtel SIM:
- Airtel mobile number which you want to deactivate.
- Last recharge amount done on the lost number.
- Any one Address or ID Proof.
- Recently dialed calls.
You must have this kind of information to block your airtel sim successfully. The operator will first verify all the required sim ownership details before proceeding with the sim blocking process. let’s get started with the airtel prepaid and postpaid deactivation methods.
How To Block Airtel SIM (Prepaid/Postpaid)
- Take your phone & launch the caller app.
- Dial this airtel sim block customer care number: 121 or 198.
- Make a call on the above given number.
- Choose your comfortable language.
- Get your call connect to customer care executive.
- Ask him/her to block your airtel sim.
- You will be aksed few details like mobile number, DOB, last recharge amount, etc.
- Provide all the necessary information to the person over the call.
- In case of Airtel Postpaid SIM, Address will be verified.
- Your airtel sim will be blocked once your details are confirmed and matched.
Dial this number 9849098490 from any other network mobile numberif you have lost your airtel sim. It may take few days to completely deactivate your airtel sim card. You will be notified via SMS/Email ID once the blocking is done.
|Airtel Prepaid/Postpaid SIM||Airtel SIM Block Number|
|Block Airtel SIM Customer Care Number||121 | 198|
Block Lost SIM Card From Other Non-Airtel Number
- Open the dialler app.
- Dial this non-airtel block number: 9849098490.
- Make a call on the above toll-free number.
- Connect your call to the customer care executive.
- Inform him/her that your airtel sim is lost.
- Tell the lost number you want to deactivate.
- Now, you will be aksed other details.
- Give all the asked details and confirm your deactivation.
- The sirtel sim will be block after the details are confirmed.
- At the end, you will be provided with the step taken over the call.
This methods is for those airtel users who have lost their sim and need to block their airtel number. So, you can call from any other mobile number (friend/family) to deactivate your airtel sim card if lost.
|Airtel SIM Lost||Airtel Block Number For Others|
|Non-Airtel Number||9849098490 | 1800 103 4444|
Deactivate Airtel SIM Number By Visiting Airtel Store
- First, visit your narest airtel store: https://www.airtel.in/store/
- Take your ID & Adress Proof with you.
- Ask the store operator to deacvtivate your airtel sim card.
- The operator will ask for document proofs.
- You also need to give lost airtel number, last recharge amount etc.
- Once your details and submitted documents are verified.
- Then, the operator will deactivate your airtel sim number.
- That’s it, your airtel sim is now successfully deactivated.
- The airtel sim deactivation process can take some time to get completed.
Anyone who do not want to deactivate their airtel sim by themselves over the call can visit the nearby airtel store. The operator there will help you in deactivating your airtel sim card.
How To Apply For New Airtel SIM Replacemnet After Blocking
Do you want to apply for a new airtel sim card with the same number that you lost earlier and get it blocked? If it’s a yes then follow the steps below:
- Go to your nearby airtel store.
- Use the airtel store locator to find your nearest airtel store.
- Keep a copy of your ID & Address proof along with you.
- You also need to take the original document with you.
- Ask the store care taker to apply for new sim card with the same number that you blocked.
- Provide the block details like SMS confirmation etc.
- Submit all the documents asked.
- After all the details are verified, the operator will apply for new sim replacemnet.
- Once, you receive the new sim get it inserted in your phone.
- Finnlay, activate airtel sim to start enjoying calling and data services.
So, these were the ways to block your airtel mobile number which you might have lost recently or doing it on your’s own. Both the Airtel SIM card being prepaid or postpaid can be easily deactivated within a few hours. Kindly refer to the frequently asked questions given below to clear more doubts on airtel sim blocking. And still, if you are facing any sort of issue then call the toll-free airtel customer care number.
Block Other Network SIMs:
Read These Airtel Telecom Network Articles:
- All Airtel USSD Codes
- Airtel mobile number Check Code
- Airtel Talktime Balance Check Number
- Airtel Internet Balance Check Number
- Airtel Data Balance Transfer USSD Code
- Airtel Talktime Loan Number
- Airtel DND Activate Code
- Airtel Call Forwarding Activate Code
- Airtel Missed Call Alert Activate Code
- Airtel 4G APN Settings
- Airtel Caller Tune Code
- Airtel VAS Number
FAQS On Airtel SIM Deactivation
Can I block my airtel sim online?
No, you cannot block your airtel sim card online because the company does not provide this method at all. You can try out other ways for blocking.
Can I block my airtel sim card by sending SMS?
No, you cannot block your airtel sim card by sending an SMS. There is no such service for availing this facility. Workings methods are given in this article.
How can I unblock my deactivated airtel number?
You can unblock your blocked airtel sim by contacting the airtel customer care directly or mail them. You can also visit the nearby airtel store to get your sim unblocked.
How can I apply for a new sim with the same number?
If you have lost your smartphone and the sim is blocked then you can apply for a new sim with the same number by visiting your nearest airtel store. This service is chargeable and must be availed within a specified period of time.