Vi SIM Block: Have you lost your Vi Prepaid or Postpaid SIM anywhere and worrying about it getting misused by someone? Don’t worry, we are here to help in blocking your Vi SIM online, by calling the customer care number and visiting the nearest Vi-Store. It is simple and easy to Block Vi SIM through any of the Vi SIM Deactivating methods given here.
In this article, I will be explaining to you the various ways to deactivate Vi SIM card permanently or temporary which will work perfectly for any Vodafone Idea mobile number. The Vi SIM card number blocking process is easy and quick. Is your VI SIM blocked? learn how to unblock it here.
I will also be showing you the steps to unblock your Vi SIM after blocking it. Unblocking is also an important part if you want to get another new SIM with the same number that was blocked. You have to apply for SIM replacement after blocking your lost Vi SIM card.
Requirements To Block Vi SIM Card:
- Access to the alternate mobile number or email id given while purchasing your Vi SIM.
- Laptop/Computer/Mobile for online method.
- Vi SIM Block Customer Care Number.
The same thing is also required for unblocking your Vi SIM Card. Do note that Vi alternate number is compulsory for both blocking or unblocking because an OTP is sent to this number for verification purposes.
If you think that the alternate mobile number or email id is missing then get it updated as soon as possible by using the Vi mobile app or visiting the nearest Vodafone Idea store.
How To Block Vi SIM Card Mobile Number Online
- First, visit this Vi SIM Block Online Link: https://www.myvi.in/block-your-sim
- Enter the Vi Mobile Number which you want to block.
- Click on the “get otp to block sim” option.
- An OTP will be sent to your alternate number or email id provided during the Vi SIM purchase.
- Enter the correct 4-digit OTP for customer verification.
- In case of no OTP received, click on the “Resend OTP” option.
- Finally, hit the Confirm option to block your Vi mobile number.
- That’s it, your Vi SIM Card is now blocked.
- Your Vi Number is also deactivated for further use.
After blocking your Vi SIM card online, you will get a reference number and a confirmation message regarding your Vodafone Idea SIM getting blocked online by you. Don’t forget to apply within 15 days for prepaid customer and 60 days for postpaid If you want to get another SIM with the same number.
Vi SIM Block By Customer Care Number
- Take a phone in which Vi SIM is inserted.
- Dial this Vi SIM Block customer care number: 199.
- Choose the suitable language.
- Listen to the voice over instructions carefully.
- Press the appropriate number to talk to the customer care executive.
- Ask the customer care executive to block your Vi SIM card.
- He/she will ask for the alternate number or email address and OTP sent to it.
- Provide the OTP to get your Vi sim blocked.
|Vodafone Idea SIM||Block Vi Number|
|Vi Block Number||199|
|Block Vodafone Idea Number||199|
How To Block Vodafone Idea SIM Card By Visting Vi-Store
- Visit to your nearest Vi-Store.
- Tell the operator that your Vi sim is lost.
- The opertaor will ask you to block your Vi number and get a new sim card as a replacement.
- You have to provide the alternate mobil number or mail address for OTP verification.
- After OTP verification, the store representative will block your Vi SIM.
- Now, you will get another new SIM with the same number for free.
- Insert the new Vi SIM card in your smartphone.
- Activate the Vi SIM card to start enjoying the call and data services.
Key Points To Be Noted After Blocking Your Vi Mobile Number:
- You have to apply for the new sim replacement within 15 days for Vi Prepaid SIM and 60 days for Vi Postpaid SIM card.
- Visit your nearest Vi-Store for getting your sim card replaced.
- Make sure that the regiserted alternate mobile number or mail address is required for verification to issue a new sim card.
- A valid POI like Aadhar Card, PAN card, etc will also be asked for submission.
- All the activated Vi VAS and other services including recharge balance wil be transfered to the new sim card after replacemnet takes place.
How To Deactivate Vi SIM Permanently
You can deactivate your vi SIM permanently by visiting your nearby Vodafone Idea Store or Outlet, providing them will the required documents and OTPs required for verification and asking them to deactivate your Vi SIM Card. For more clarity, you can also go through the above Vi SIM Blocking By Visiting Vi-Store to find other important details required to deactivate your Vi mobile number.
once your Vi mobile number is deactivated, you can not use that SIM for any incoming/outgoing call and data usage because the company has blocked that SIM. If you do not unblock your Vi SIM within 15 days from the date of Vi SIM Deactivation then your VI SIM will be permanently deactivated.
How To Unblock Vi SIM Mobile Number & Get Another New SIM Card As A Replacement
- Visit to the nearesty Vodafone Idea store.
- Conatct the store representative.
- Ask the operator to unblock your Vi SIM card & get a new one.
- For unblocking and issuing a new sim card, you will be asked to provide an OTP sent to the registered alternate number or mail id.
- The operator will ask you submit a valid proof of identity like Aadhar card, PAN card, Driving License, etc.
- After all sorts of verification, you will be handed over a new Vi SIM card.
- Just insert the Vi Prepaid/Postpaid SIM in your phone.
- Complete the Vi SIM tele verification.
- Done, you are now good to go.
That’s the correct and genuine way to unblock or resume your blocked/deactivated Vi (Vodafone Idea) SIM card. The online method is only for blocking/deactivating Vi Mobile Number and for unblocking purposes.
To unblock your Vi SIM either prepaid or postpaid, you have to visit your nearest Vi-Store to get a replacement sim card for your existing Vi number. within a fixed period of days.
How To Update Alternate Mobile Number/ Email ID using Vi App
- Download the Vi Mobile App from Play Store/ Apple Store.
- Install and launch the Vi application.
- Enter your Vi mobile number to login.
- Go to My Account > Edit Profile.
- Now, you can update your Vi number & mail address.
You can also check out the various Vi USSD Codes to manage all your Vi SIM related services like checking balance, validity, offers, etc. Do contact the toll-free Vi customer care number for any type of assistance or help you need.
Guide To Block Other SIMs:
Read These Vi SIM Related Articles:
- Vi Balance Check Number
- Vi Internet Balance Check Number
- Vi Balance Transfer Code
- Vi Number Check Code
- Vi Caller Tune Number
- Vi Free Data Code
- Vi Talktime Loan Code
- Vi VAS Code
- Vi DND Code
- Vi Call Forwarding Code
- Vi Missed Call Alert Code
- Vi SIM Activation Code
- Vi APN Settings For Fast Internet
I hope that, now, you will be able to easily block your Vi SIM by following any of the methods listed in this article. It is better to deactivate Vi SIM if you find anything suspicious or your Vi number is of no use. You can also unblock your blocked vi number by seeing the Vi SIM unlocking process here.