Do you have recently purchased a Vi SIM for yourself? If yes, then you need to activate your new Vodafone Idea SIM before using it. SIM activation or tele verification is a mandatory process and it must be completed to start using telecom service on your Vi number.
In this article, I will guide you on how to activate Vi SIM number online, by sending an SMS and calling a Vi SIM activation number. By following this guide, you will be able to activate your Vi Prepaid as well as Postpaid number.
Many people think that they only need to activate a new SIM number. But, that’s not the only case, you have to re-verify your new vi sim after upgrading, porting, changing sim (damages/lost) etc.
There are various methods to activate Vi SIM including by sending SMS, calling a vi sim activation customer care number, visiting nearby Vi-Store and online. I will be teaching you all the ways to activate the Vi number free of cost.
Methods To Activate New/Upgraded/Ported/Existing Vi SIM Connection:
- Sendind SMS.
- Dialling a Vi SIM Activation Code.
- Visiting local Vi Store.
- Online via Vi portal.
Points To Keep in Mind Before Activating Vi SIM:
- Vi-Sim Activation is free of cost, there is no charge for this.
- Vi SIM tele verification is compulsory to start using any type telecom services including call and data.
- No user cannot activate their new Vi sim online.
- You can activate your sim by SMS, phone call, at Vi Store and with the help of Vi delifery agent only.
How To Activate Vi SIM Number By Phone Calling
- Take your smartphone.
- Insert the new Vi SIM.
- Start your phone and wait for the network to appear.
- Now, dial this Vi SIM Activation Number: 59059.
- Make a phone call on the above typed number.
- Listen to the instructions carefully.
- Enter the required details like vi sim activation 5 digit pin or last 4-digit Aadhar number.
- Wait for atleast 24 hours to get your Vi sim activated.
- You wll get an SMS confirmation regarding your vi sim tele verification.
- Finaly, restart your phone to start enjoying calling and data services.
|Vi SIM Activation Prepaid & Postpaid||Vi SIM Activation Number|
|Vi SIM Activation Code||59059|
How To Activate Vi SIM By SMS
- Launch the messaging app.
- Create a new SMS.
- Type SIMEX <19-20 digit SIM Card Number>.
- You will find the sim card number at the back of it.
- Send the message to Vi Tele Verification number 55199.
- You will get an SMS having last 6-digits of the SIM card number missing.
- Now, you have to send the last 6-digit sim number back to 55199 within 2 hours.
- If all the above steps are executed correctly, your Vi SIM will be activated in 20 minutes.
- That’s it, done.
Vodafone Idea SIM Activation By Visiting Vi-Store
- First, visit this Vi Store locator page: https://www.myvi.in/help-support/store-locator
- Find the store which is nearest to your current resident.
- Take your smartphone in which the SIM is inserted.
- You have to also carry your aadhar card or id proof that you submited while buying the Vi SIM.
- Now, ask the store respresentative to get your Vi Number activated.
- He/She will guide you through the Vi Number Activation Process.
- At the end, your Vi SIM Tele Verification will be completed.
Get Your Vi SIM Activated By Buying Online
- Visit this new connection apply page: https://www.myvi.in/new-connection/buy-postpaid-sim-connection-online
- Select the Vi SIM connection type: Postpaid or Prepaid.
- Choose the plan you want to get as bundle with your sim.
- Enter your mobile number and pin code.
- Select the number.
- Enter the delivery address.
- Complete OTP verification to proceed with the new SIM order.
- Now, the sim will be delivered to your home address.
- You can ask the delivery boy to help you with the Vi Number Activation.
These were the best and working methods to activate your Vi SIM connection without paying any extra charge. You can choose any of the ways mentioned here for Vi sim tele verification, all of them are free of cost.
No matter what type of sim connection you are opting for, it may be prepaid or postpaid, you can easily get your Vi SIM number activated. You might be wondering what to do when you are not getting a new sim connection but either upgrading or porting your connection. So, in this situation, you have to try out the same methods explained here for sim activation. The same applies to changing sim in case of it getting damaged or lost.
The easiest and fastest method to activate Vi SIM is dialling the tele verification number and entering the last 4-digit Aadhar number or 5-digit pin. The activation pin is sent to the alternate number given while buying the new Vodafone Idea number.
Do check out the frequently asked questions given below to clear the most common doubts on Vi SIM Activation. You are also invited to comment down if you have any other issues regarding Vi SIM tele Verification. And the Vi customer care number is also opened for you anytime for any type of assistant.
Also, Read This: How To Block Vi SIM Card
Read These Vi SIM Related Articles:
- Vi USSD Codes
- Vi Balance Check Code
- Vi Data Balance Check Code
- Vi Balance Transfer Number
- Vi Caller Tune Number
- Vi Mobile Number Check Code
- Vi Free Data Code
- Vi Talktime Loan Number
- Vi DND Number
- Vi VAS Number
- Vi Call Forwardig Number
- Vi Missed Call Alert Number
FAQs On Vi SIM Tele Verification
What is Vi SIM Tele Verification Number?
The Vi SIM tele verification number is 59059 for both prepaid and postpaid connections. You just need to dial this number to get the sim activated on the go. This number is the same as the Vi sim activation customer care number.
Where To Find 5 Digit PIN For Vi SIM Activation?
The 5-digit activation pin is sent to the alternate number which you gave while applying for new connection/upgrading/porting.
How To Activate Vi SIM After Porting?
All who have ported your number from another connection to Vi can activate it by inserting the new SIM card in their phone and dialling the tele verification number given in this article.
How Long Does It Take To Activate New Vi SIM?
It might take up to 24 hours to get your Vi SIM activated. However, most of the time, the Vi number gets activated within 1 hour and sometimes, it happens instantly.